- Tribal Grant Scholarships: Native Americans may qualify for a scholarship through their tribe. Contact your tribe to see if they can help you with school.
- Herman H. Dirksen Scholarship: $1,000 scholarship awarded to up to 10 San Diego County residents. This scholarship can be used for trade schools like Healing Hands School. For more information go here: SDFoundation.org/Scholarships
Resources that if you qualify, will help you with non-tuition expenses:
- Welfare-to-Work; program participants may be eligible for help with child care, transportation, and work-related or training-related expenses. Moreover, participants who find a job and are no longer eligible for welfare may continue to receive help with medical care and child care expenses. If you qualify, Welfare-to-Work can help pay for school materials and supplies, but not tuition.
- CalWorks Child Care Program: The purpose of this program is to help a family transition smoothly from the immediate, short-term child care needed as the parent starts work or work activities to the stable, long-term child care necessary for the family to live and remain off aid.
For Young Adults
A group who helps young adults 18 – 24 years old, they provide assistance with housing, phones, bus passes and related resources with the goal of self-sufficiency for the young adult.
www.buildfutures.org or go here: http://buildfutures.org/get-help/ and send them a message.
Phone 714-907-7358 they are located in Huntington Beach but are not limited to that area.
For Adults from Foster Programs
- California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth: Free money for foster youth for college or career training. To apply go to: www.chafee.csac.ca.gov
- The Teen Project
To provide teens aging out of the foster care system with all of the resources and support of an intact family. To allow the greatest opportunity for a successful transition to adulthood.
If you need some resources to get you by (housing), you can contact the following group:
www.theteenproject.com or call them at 1-888-4-TEENHOME
Donations are greatly appreciated – please contact the teen project if you would like to help.