“Taking care of our emotional health is integral to one’s Holistic Health”, says Harmony Curtiss, Director for Healing Hands School of Holistic Health – Laguna Hills. “Knowing how to create loving, supportive relationships means practicing the attitudes and activities necessary to nurture them. At Healing Hands, our experienced Instructors promote healthy relationship building every day! Their heart-centered approach to education reinforces kindness, respect, healthy boundaries, tolerance and personal responsibility”, she added.
Below are questions designed to help Healing Hands’ Massage Therapy students understand and adopt healthy interaction skills. They are intended to stimulate introspection, insight and awareness which can lead to positive changes and enhanced client relations.
- Am I honest with myself and capable of introspection?
- Am I kind, respectful and caring toward others?
- Am I trust-worthy and dependable?
- Can I be vulnerable and transparent with myself and others?
- Do I feel free to share what I think, need, want or feel?
- Do I take a genuine interest in others?
- Do I monopolize conversations, making everything about me?
- Am I capable of compromise, negotiation, and reciprocity (give & take)?
- Do I take responsibility for my emotions, or blame others for upsetting me?
- Do I enforce my own boundaries and respect those of others?
- Do I know myself, my needs, my thoughts, my wants?
- Do I respect the needs, thoughts and wants of others?
- Am I an active listener, one who provides feedback and validation?
- Am I able to appropriately validate another’s experiences, thoughts or feelings?
- Do I interact as my authentic self, or do I adopt a false-self to placate others?
- Am I aware of my own expectations and attitudes?
- Do I take responsibility for my actions and their consequences?
- Am I a dependable person?
- Am I humble, or do I think I’m better or more deserving than others?
- Am I willing to acknowledge my mistakes, make amends and learn from them?
- Do I blame others when things in my life go wrong?
- Am I willing to look at how my words and actions affect others?
- Do I have empathy, and can I express empathy for others?
- Do I follow through on my commitments?
- Do I refrain from pressuring, manipulating or coercing others to get what I want?
- Do I refrain from unsolicited criticism or judgement?
- Am I able to demonstrate affection, interest, joy and humor with others?
- Do I enjoy meaningful and positive communication with others?
- Do I apologize when I’ve hurt or wronged another?
- Do I recognize and appreciate the good in my life or focus on the negative?
A trail-blazer for Massage and Holistic Health education in SoCal, Healing Hands School of Holistic Health has prepared more than 7,000 Graduates for success as Professional Massage Therapist and can do the same for YOU! Boasting more than 80 Massage and Holistic Health classes, you can learn everything you need to know about the Holistic Healing Arts at Healing Hands. Check us out online at www.HealingHandsSchool.com or call us at (949) 305-2722 in Laguna Hills, (760) 946-9364 in Escondido, or (858) 505-1100 in San Diego.
Healing Hands School of Holistic Health is “Touching Lives, Touching Hearts”, since 1992.